Line Cooks are in charge of prepping food and plating dishes according to a restaurant’s menu specifications. They are assigned a specific place in the line, such as the grill or vegetable prep station. Duties include preparing food and maintaining sanitation standards.
· Helps set up the whole kitchen prior to a restaurant’s opening.
· Sets up a station by bringing all containers of necessary food items to that point in the line.
· Cooks a specific portion of each plated meal as assigned by either the head or sous chef.
· Assists with cutting, marinating and precooking foods.
· Keeps pace with other cooks on the line so that all food is ready for each plate at the same time.
· Steps in to help another line cook who is running behind.
· Assembles dishes and provides garnishment.
· Plates food in an attractive manner to maximize customer enjoyment.
· Pitches in, along with the rest of the staff, to maintain sanitary conditions and organization in the kitchen.
· Wraps unused items and stores in proper areas at the end of a shift and shuts off all equipment at the station.
· Cleans and sanitizes the area with soap and warm water.
· Participates in cleaning the rest of the kitchen before the restaurant closes for the night.
· Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
· Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, dairy and other food items using knives, electric mixers, immersion blenders, food processors, scales, and portion bags.
· Processes prepared foods for service using ovens, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers
· Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, broilers, sauté burners, ovens, flat top griddles and refrigeration equipment both during and after service
· Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the management staff.