1. To Support the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in the daily operation and work.
2. To work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef.
3. To prepare the daily mis-en-place (cuts of meat, relishes, sauces, par-cooked items, spices, freshly chopped vegetables, and other components) and production of food (cooking).
4. To control and monitor food stock and food cost.
5. To assist in all areas of the kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
6. To assist with receiving and checking of deliveries as required.
7. To assist in the security of the stores and fridges in the kitchen area.
8. To Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up of buffets and special functions.
9. To ensure and keep Kitchen work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel.
10. To Maintaining Health & Safety standards.
11. To ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented.
12. Work closely with in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
13. To ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
14. Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.