We are looking for a Multilingual Document Checker, Publication Content Validator who
(1) has an understanding of how translation tools work,
(2) can apply this knowledge into validating multilingual publications, and
(3) is comfortable with multilingual post-translation contents.
Big points added for the command of translation tools (e.g. SDL Trados), Adobe Reader PRO and InDesign.
In a nutshell, you will work as a hybrid member of the Localization and Publishing Team and be involved in the preparation of InDesign files in the source language as well as in +20 target languages.
Ideally, you have worked with DTP projects in an LSP / translation agency / localization department in the past.
- Validate instruction manuals, packaging and labels layouts in English (and other languages) with regards to layout, typography, and style guidelines
- Fill out artwork check reports
- Assist in database entries
- Identify opportunities to improve
- Collaborate with Localization and Publishing Team
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in a translation/localization environment
- University degree in Translation, Graphic Design, Technical Journalism or related fields
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good understanding of typography and an eye for details
- Detail-minded, well-organized and able to work in a team environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work under pressure with good coordination skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Immediate availability is preferred
- Willing to work on site (Ortigas, Pasig)
Nice to have:
- Command of Adobe Reader PRO
- Command of design (InDesign) or translation (SDL Trados) tools
- Experience in reviewing multi-language, ready-for-print contents
- Experience in a corporate environment with time-pressing deadlines