Assist the Comptroller in supervising overall financial, accounting and reporting functions to ensure compliance to with statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures. Also, assists in the design, establishment and maintenance of the organizational structure and staffing to accomplish effective internal and financial control systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Financial Reporting
- Reviews the per dealership and consolidated monthly financial statements for submission to top management and external parties based on timeline set.
- Facilitates the preparation of monthly financial statement analysis to be presented during regular meetings or as may be required.
- Facilitates the preparation, review and submission of financial reports and statistics requirements of top management, other division heads and external parties.
- Coordinates with the external auditor in the preparation and finalization of the audited financial statements to ensure accurate and timely submission to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) based on timeline set.
- Prepares the annual consolidated income statement, balance sheets, statement of cash flows, statement of changes and notes to financial statements for submission to external auditor.
- Monitors the company’s compliance to generally accepted accounting principles and accounting standards
B. Tax and Statutory Compliance
- Monitors the accurate and timely submission / filing and payment of taxes and submission of reports to local government and BIR.
- Reviews the Annual Income Tax Return (Alphalist / 2316) to be submitted to BIR on or before deadline set.
- Facilitates the submission of the annual Audited Financial Statements duly stamped “Received” by the BIR within timeline set to Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Facilitates the preparation and submission of General Form for Financial Statements (GFFS) to SEC in electronic format within timeline set on submission of the Annual Audited Financial Statements.
- Facilitates the submission of the General Information Sheet (GIS) in electronic format along with five (5) hard copies of the same within timeline set from holding of the annual stockholders’ meeting.
- Facilitates the submission of required schedules and documentation requirements of the BIR in relation to their audit examination
- Facilitates the preparation of reply on the tax assessment of BIR as a result of the audit examination performed.
C. Payroll Related Functions
- Conduct semi- monthly reviews of confidential / officers payroll (Assistant Managers to President) reports based on cut off.
- Ensure tax withheld on compensation and benefits are updated every payroll cut off.
- Reviews and finalizes computation of final pay of resigned employees to ensure its accuracy.
- Validates monthly payroll reports to ensure completeness and accuracy of payroll data on record.
- Assist the Comptroller in the development of comprehensive budget and forecasting activities and the carrying out of procedures for budgetary controls and assist Corporate Planning in the final consolidation of budget.
- Assist the Comptroller in the design, development and implementation of division’s goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Assist the Comptroller in the development and recommendation of plans, programs and projects to improve the accounting operations.
- Evaluates the progress of the implementation of approved accounting programs and projects against set standards, objectives, and schedules; making necessary changes and affecting remedial actions when necessary.
- Conducts financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Facilitate target setting with subordinates and establish KPIs necessary for the conduct of performance evaluation.
- Mentor / counsel subordinates as may be necessary.
- Evaluates performance of direct reports and provide feedback.
- Performs other tasks that may assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Must be a CPA with updated PRC license
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager; at least 5 years work experience in Managerial position
- Experience with automotive industry an advantage
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to work in high pressure situations and is able to efficiently prioritize
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent skills in problem solving and just decision making
- Proficient in computer applications specifically MS Office
- Knowledge of Accounting systems and databases is an advantage