Receptionist's duties and responsibilities include greeting visitors, helping them navigate through an office, and supplying them with refreshments as they wait. In addition, they maintain calendars for appointments, sort mail, make copies, and plan travel arrangements.
- Welcoming visitors and solving their problems.
- Managing security and telecommunications systems.
- Handling queries and complaints via phone, email and general correspondence.
- Taking messages and ensuring they are passed to the appropriate staff member in time.
- Managing meeting room availability. FRIENDLY