The Internal Auditor/Manager is responsible for supporting the work of the Internal Audit Department in monitoring the internal controls of the Company to ensure effective design and operation, and for recommending changes and improvements to internal controls that mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency, safeguard assets, and ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures. The position reports to the Internal Audit Director. Supports the global effort for J-SOX compliance by providing assistance to business units in the completion of their J-SOX documentation and testing, including work paper review.
- Examines and evaluates the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with existing policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements on a worldwide basis.
- Supports the Internal Audit Director in audit planning and the identification of potential areas of risks and appraisal of their significance to improve system controls, reduce expenses and improve earnings.
- Serves as team lead as well as field in-charge and supports the performance of audit projects.
- Oversees and reviews the work of outsourced auditors.
- Conducts internal audits and other reviews.
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, and documents all material information to support internal audits results and projects.
- Presents findings and results of audits and reviews to Internal Audit Director and Management
- Performs follow-up reviews as needed to ensure recommendations and corrective actions have been taken.
- Work with other Internal Auditors/Managers to be hired in other locations.
- Assists with fraud and compliance investigations as requested.
- Executes ad hoc projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Hold a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation
- Prior audit experience in an accounting firm or internal audit exposure in a well-regarded organization within the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), manufacturing, or agriculture sectors.
- Ability to work effectively with different levels of management in a cross-divisional and multicultural environment.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with J-SOX and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Familiarity with the COSO internal controls framework.
- Strong persuasion skills and ability to influence others.
- Knowledge of information systems, particularly SAP, is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple audit projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in various Microsoft applications.
- High degree of analytical skill and detail-orientation.