We are looking for an InDesign specialist who (1) has an understanding of how CAT tools work, (2) can apply this knowledge into preparing neat and translation-friendly InDesign files, and (3) is comfortable with multilingual typesetting of post-translation contents.
Big points added for the command of any of CAT tools (e.g. SDL Trados), mastering GREP styles, XML knowledge, and/or experience in writing scripts for InDesign.
In a nutshell, you will work as a hybrid member of the Translation Team and Design Team and be involved in the preparation of InDesign files in the source language as well as in +20 target languages.
Ideally, you have worked with DTP projects in an LSP / translation agency / localization department in the past.
- Work closely with the Translation Team and Design Team to develop source/target-language InDesign files, technical drawings and/or user manuals
- Text layout and multilingual typesetting, Desktop Publishing based on clients’ briefing and internal guidelines
- Creating technical illustrations for user manuals, either up from scratch or amendments of existing illustrations
- Work side-by-side with the Translation Team members in order to improve existing Translation Memories
- 3 year of typesetting experience, preferably in localization industry (in a Language Service Provider, Translation Department)
- Higher Diploma or above in Graphic/ Packaging/ Art Design or related disciplines
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Understands how layout and formatting in InDesign impacts on the user interface of CAT (computer-assisted translation) tools
- Creative and initiative team player who is also self-organized and can independently work on a diversity of projects with tight schedule
- Willing to learn and cope with fast pace working culture
- Enthusiastic person with a can-do attitude
- Portfolio links shall be provided in the resume
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for a junior position
- Immediate availability preferred
- Willing to work on-site (Ortigas, Pasig)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Hands-on experience with any CAT tool (e.g. SDL Trados)
- Master of GREP styles
- Experience in writing scripts for InDesign
Grow with us!
If you can commit to and live with the following principles, then you are the type of person who will be successful and help our company thrive.
Our expectation is that you will take the steps necessary to do what you say you are going to do and be accountable for your actions.
In other words, live “Above the Line.”
You would make an ideal candidate to join our company if you are willing to commit to the following “Above the Line” principles:
- Accountability: See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It
- Become part of the solution
- Respect for others and their feelings
- Act now!
- Ask the question: “What else can I do?”
- Ask the questions: “What coaching do you have for me?” and “What can I do better?”
- Personal ownership and pride
- Reject average
- Show others that you care
We offer plenty of room for personal and professional growth. If you decide to join our team, we will actively support you to achieve your career advancement goals.