As a senior business analyst, you’ll be working alongside web developers and QAs and will be reporting directly to the project manager. Your main tasks will include performing requirements elicitation, requirements documentation, requirements analysis, and acceptance criteria creation for various projects. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
· Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic qualifications in Computer Science/Information Technology or any Business-related course with IT units
· At least 3 to 4 years work experience in Business Analysis and/or Business Process Development.
· Required Skills: Understanding of IT as applied to business
· Experience working in an Agile environment and with Programming teams
· Must have been involved as a business analyst for building/enhancing IT Applications and the Software Development Life Cycle. Must have written Business Requirements Documents, User Requirements Specifications, Functional Design Documents.
· Must have domain/process knowledge of the business, i.e., banking, retail, health etc.
· Ability to propose process improvements
· Ability to interview and extract business objectives of the project from Project Stakeholders, business users
· Document the information, updating business requirements documents, user requirement specifications, developing functional design and specifications documents, use cases document
· Ability to develop mockups/wireframes of the intended project.
· Ability to present the requirements understanding to business users and to the programming team.
· Knowledge of APIs and Integration is a plus
Other Qualitative Requirements:
· Good in verbal and written communication
· Self-motivated, career driven and success oriented
· Strong leadership skills, team player and reliable
· Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
· Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
· Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
· Gather information from business users for actual or proposed projects
· Develop the BRD, FSD, Project Acceptance Criteria as needed
· Develop wireframes, mockups as needed
· Prepare presentations of the intended system, enhancements, for validation and signoff
· Coordinate with System Design and development team to confirm functionality
· Coordinate with QA team, to present use cases, and confirm functional test coverage
· Knowledgeable in SCRUM and Agile methodologies
· Knowledgeable in the Software Development Life Cycle
· Knowledge or experience in business or system analysis is an advantage
· Experience communicating ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English
· Can write/format/proofread documentation, create presentations, oversee meetings
· Motivated, self-directed and results oriented
· Works well under pressure and with minimal supervision