Audits help the organization achieve its objectives by promoting accountability and better decision-making. They provide reasonable assurance that resources are safeguarded, operations are cost-effectively managed, internal policies and procedures and external regulations are complied with, financial and operational information are reliable, and operational objectives are accomplished.
In a team environment and using innovative approaches, the Auditor acts as a business partner of Management in achieving the organization's objectives. S/he works with Management by identifying risks that hinder achievement of organization's objectives; assessing the adequacy of internal control system to reduce identified risks; and recommending appropriate internal control system to efficiently reduce associated risks.
S/he is responsible for evaluating internal control system, recommending improvements to internal control system, and investigating the impact of fraud. As Auditor, s/he will review new systems, procedures, functions, areas of high risk, and areas with undefined or poorly defined internal control system.
• Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. Major in Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or Economics)
• CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE
• At least 5years work experience in auditing, finance, administration, or information systems
• Willing to travel up to 60% to developing countries
• Work experience in another country, especially a developing country
• Experience traveling, especially to developing countries
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Listening skill
• Presentation skill
• Planning and organization skills
• Project management skill
• Problem-solving and analytical skills
• Auditing skill
• Knowledge of internal control system and risk management
• Basic knowledge of information technology and related internal control system
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, presentation software, flowcharting software, and computer assisted audit tools.
• Fluency (verbal and written) in Spanish, French, or Portuguese
• Basic knowledge of fraud investigation
• Facilitations skill
• Negotiaton skill
• Training skill