We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager who is responsible for preparing, reviewing, and supervising day-to-day corporate accounting operations, supporting the month-end close process, and helping to implement systems and processes that will empower the client to grow. The person must also be able to ensure that the client is 100% compliant to all applicable codes, laws, and regulations, including reportorial requirements and should be familiar with US Accounting Principles or GAAP, US taxation laws and has experience working with an international or US-based client.
We know it can be tricky to apply for roles, wondering if the position is right for you and if you and your experience are suitable for the part. Many people won't apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At eFlex, we look for many different skills and abilities, and we're always looking for how new team members can add to eFlex and our culture. So if you don't think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we'd still love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- Prepare and review journal entries, manage day to day corporate accounting activities, support the month-end close process, and provide timely and accurate month-end close financials that are U.S. GAAP compliant
- Own drafting and applying operational accounting policies
- Manage FloQast, the client’s month-end close and reconciliation management tool
- Support the implementation of new systems, tools, and processes to streamline close and build scalable solutions to support the growth of the client’s company
- Enhance or build account reconciliation workpaper for every balance sheet account and implement a process to ensure and retain proper supporting documentation for all journal entries
- Collaborate within Accounting and Finance teams on metrics, flux analysis, forecast, and projections and support preparation of the monthly reporting package
- Identify and drive process improvements to gain efficiencies and reduce close timeline
- Work effectively with cross functional teams on new and existing U.S. domestic and international initiatives
- Develop, maintain and improve internal controls which relate to assigned areas
- Prepare and/or review documents supporting internal and external audits and ensure the
- successful completion of those audits
- Manage the local compliance efforts there in the Philippines working with external auditors and accountants to ensure compliance
- Hire, and provide day to day management, oversight, in addition to longer-term career development planning of a team of accountants
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience; Combination of public accounting (Big 4 strongly preferred) and industry experience
- Minimum 1 year of people management experience
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in accounting functions with direct experience with corporate accounting and month end close processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA or equivalent a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive with the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process
- Gained direct accounting experience for any/all of the following areas:
- Internally use software
- ASC 842 leases
- Cloud computing arrangement
- Stock-based compensation
- Proven proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc); must be highly proficient in Excel
- Excellent writing, oral communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving skills; critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and propose alternative approaches especially in situations where there is not a set way of doing things
- A self starter attitude who has experience leading teams effectively
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite, FloQast, and Jira considered a plus
What you'll enjoy at eFlex
- We live our values as playmakers, obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We offer a COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS package. This includes a comprehensive HMO, optical reimbursements, and 13th Month Pay.
- Opportunity to Work-From-Home
- Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We support our employee's career growth and development by offering opportunities for promotion.
eFlexervices is a 20-year-old BPO company providing exceptional quality and unwavering trust. Our partnership approach to the business allows us to match the right talent to every organization we support. We invest in people to optimize performance and maximize efficiency. We work hard to produce the highest possible results for our partners.
Performance is the underlying foundation that drives eFlexervices. We deliver the metrics our partners expect through proper recruitment and heavy investment in the right people.
Deep integration within our partners' organizations drives our team to take ownership of their work. This stakeholder mindset pushes higher performance, better quality, and longer retention.