Grocery baggers or courtesy clerks work in retail settings where their basic job description is in the title – they bag groceries and other items that customers have purchased.
They decide which article goes in the same bag as another and how much to put in one bag. A bagger’s duty does not end at bagging. They are often rotated in other duties as well.
BAGGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Bag groceries and other items
• Verify prices of items
• Carry packed items or bags in carts for performing check out services
• Place bags and sacks in customers’ vehicles
• Collect shopping carts and baskets and deliver them to the right place
• Return grocery items left at checkout counters to their rightful places
• Price and shelf items
• Assist customers in loading/unloading of merchandise
• Greet customers and assist them with item location
• Create a friendly and fun environment
• Work collaboratively to achieve the common goals of the grocery store
• Answer the questions of customers utilizing excellent communication skills
• Handle irate customers calmly.