Hybrid working set up
The Sr. Network Engineer leads in the building and augmenting of the global network. Additionally, providing oversight and mentoring to lower level network engineers will be critical in overall team collaboration and growth. This role will provide appropriate input and have a leading voice in the design and implementation of a global BPO using current industry standards. A strong business acumen and ability to effectively communicate within a technical forum and with C-level leadership is a requirement for success.
• Expertise in network design utilizing bandwidth requirements, infrastructure requirements, security and network expansion. Oversee the implementation of designs.
• Network capacity planning and estimating the effects of growth on the network.
• Monitor new applications, offices, additional user growth projections and effect of new network additions
• Make network upgrade and configuration recommendations to management based on performance metrics
• Expertise on Network Security as it related to network design. Design and implementation of firewall, content filters and other such security equipment on the network. Evaluate proper installation location to provide maximum security with minimum performance impact.
• Monitor global threats and work with CISO and security team to protect company network.
• Must be able to create enterprise level documentation. Properly document the networks they design that provides a clear picture of the network to allow proper troubleshooting of network problems. Network documentation must include network drawings, descriptions and equipment configurations
• Expertise in Wireless networking – Meraki, Cisco controllers, AP configuration
• Understanding of Network voice infrastructure and deployments
• Ability to establish and maintain global network monitoring and alerting platform and deliver regular reports on status, utilization and recommendations.
• Must be versed in cloud environments such as AWS or Azure networking and security standards
• Experience with virtualized environments especially VMware networking including basic and distributed switches
• Familiarity with software defined networking and NSX
• Architects, plans, and oversees installations, maintains all network related infrastructure including firewalls, intrusion prevention network sensors, malware filters, and VPN
• Ability to design large scale enterprise networks using recommended best practices
• Ability to facilitate the technical designs and architecture discussion with IT teams and clients. Must have excellent communications and writing skills
• Take a leadership role on global network infrastructure projects to support routing and switching requirements including designing, monitoring, configuring and troubleshooting large-scale networks.
• Establish and maintain instructions, guidelines, standards and policies seeking continuous improvement to network operations
• Tier 3 and 4 escalations through the IT Support Process.
• Working on PCI, SOC and ISO certification initiatives to ensure the organization stays compliant
• Solid documentation experience with Microsoft® Visio, Word, and Excel
• Strong understanding of MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, HSRP, VLANs, PortChannels, Trunking, PVLAN, SPAN, L2tp, Multicast, ipv6, Metro Ethernet, LAN/WAN and all other protocols, configurations/technologies and all fiber types and optic types and connectors
· Knowledge of the ITIL framework & philosophies including Incident, Problem, & Change
· Advanced knowledge of adjacency routing and fabric networks
· Strong knowledge of multiple brands of next-Gen firewalls such as Cisco & Juniper, Palo Alto is preferred
· Strong knowledge of SDWAN architectures and technologies such as FatPipe
· Familiar or direct knowledge of call center (insource or outsource) environments & needs
· Familiar with cloud based corporate phone services
· Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and apply them to the business environment
· Ability to read and interpret documents, instructions and information
· Ability to speak effectively to groups courteously and tactfully in person, on phone, etc. about technical or complex issues
· Ability to analyze/interpret and solve problems with little supervision
· Ability to make decisions in concert with policies, procedures, objectives and philosophies of the company is essential
· Required to travel up to 25% of the time by automobile or airplane both domestically and internationally
· Protects organization's value by keeping network-related information confidential
Education and/or Experience:
· Undergraduate degree preferred in an IT discipline such as Networking, Network telecommunications, Computer Science or Engineering degree
· 5+ years of Network Engineering experience at a level V or higher
· Avaya or Extreme Network technology certifications preferred: ECS or ECNA
· Other acceptable certifications: CCAr, CCIE in Routing & Switching, Data Center, or Security
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations