Project Site Engineer
Adamantem Consulting Engineers Posted: 4 Month
Flag job 🏴
Flag job 🏴
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Requisition of supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine the cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- Direct acquisition of land for construction projects.
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills are required for our fast-paced environment.
- Registered Civil Engineer
- with COSH Training
- Ability to work in the field for site inspection, data gathering, and on-site observation of work progress
- Ability to travel outside the local area, depending on local workload and project location
- Ability to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials, and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, emails, etc.
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts, and other access equipment
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupational hazards at work
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle