1. Ensuring that product shelves are well-arranged and adequately stocked with products.
2. Handling all discounts, price changes, and customer returns accordingly.
3. Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of store products to provide suitable recommendations to customers as needed.
4. Assisting customers in locating requested store products.
5. Operating the cash register and processing sales transactions.
6. Performing basic housekeeping duties to ensure that the cashpoint, sales floor, and storeroom are well-maintained.
7. Addressing customer concerns and inquiries as well as resolving customer complaints.
8. Answering telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
9. Unloading and unpacking store deliveries as well as attaching price tags to all store products.
10. Greeting customers and offering assistance
11. Recommending products or merchandise to help customers
12. Answering questions and addressing concerns
13. Informing customers about sales, promotions and policies
14. Demonstrating how products work
15. Taking payments for purchases and packaging purchases
16. Stocking merchandise and creating displays
17. Taking inventory and monitoring sales floor