Registered Radiologic Technologist
AMBULATORY HEALTHCARE INSTITUTE, INC. / CLINICA MA Posted: 7 Month
Flag job 🏴
Flag job 🏴
- Review and evaluate developed x-rays, videotape, or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Explain procedures and observe patients ensure safety and comfort during the scan.
- Operate or oversee the operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Position and immobilize patient on examining table.
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to the specification of examination.
- Key commands and data into computer to document and specify scan sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images.
- Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
- Monitor patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physicians.
- Set up examination rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
- Graduate of 4-year course especially in Radiologic Technology field courses.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Radiologic Technology.
- Good/very good understanding of Word and Excel.
- Must have highly developed organizational skills and the ability to follow through with organized tasks.
- Function independently, have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reception (quality control, burning, checking of results, and releasing of results)
- Performing x-ray, ultrasound, mammography, and DEXA
- Doing the census for x-ray
- Doing results of bone DEXA
- Sending images to the radiologists
- DEXA quality control
- Encoding of results
- Other tasks that may be given from time to time