The account job scope for ship owner and ship managers, are as follows:
1. Responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operations of the Accounts for vessels
2. Ensure the proper/correct recording of costs and the corresponding account codes (Crew & Procurement cost)
3. Responsible for verification of ship Crew payroll/expenses and shipboard expenses.
4. Responsible for Accounts elements of Ships Procurement – PR, PO, Invoices, GL, CL, Bank Statements.
5. Responsible for the maintenance of the accounting system ensuring that accounts are being updated, monitored & reported in a systematic/efficient manner.
6. To ensure correct reporting and funds are being remitted correctly/timely to Managers, Ships crew & Vendors/Suppliers
7. Preparation (end month) of requests of funds from ship Owner
8. Responsible for the preparation/analysis of a full set of (AP, via system) accounts, for individual vessels during monthly closing/review, for Owners and Managers.