System Software Engineer
HCR Malaysia Posted: 14 Month
Flag job 🏴
Flag job 🏴
- Timely reporting on the log sheet for a rapid response to any possible glitches.
- Understand the product and its features thoroughly
- Maintain the pool of ActiveScale systems assigned to reliability testing, in collaboration with the lab team in Englewood (US, Colorado) where they are physically located.
- Maintain and extend the reliability test automation tooling, in collaboration with the engineering team in Ghent (Belgium).
- Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction for the smooth operations of the systems
- Plan and implement system automation for greater efficiency.
- Formulate and design the security system in place to maintain the set data safety requirements.
- Oversee the constant availability of technical resources.
- Maintain and supervise the inventory of relevant hardware and peripherals.
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Assist in the refactoring and streamlining of our current integration tests.
- Create high quality, pre-assessed, bug reports.
- Provide usability feedback on new (and existing) featuring
- Create and verify support procedures.
- High bandwidth interaction with the engineering team to support feature improvements and bug fixing.
- High bandwidth interaction with the Quality Assurance owner, providing visibility on the quality of the product.
- Work on additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned that will contribute towards team and company goals.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- 4 to 6 years of experience with a minimum of 4 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science Master’s degree or equivalent in related discipline or experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed moderately complex technical tasks.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment in a remote setup
- Ability to collaborate towards a common goal in a remote setup
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- Software desig
- Test Automation, Test Frameworks
- Python and Ansible, which are used in both our testing frameworks and the product
- An understanding of any of the languages in which parts of the product are created will be useful: C, C++, java, golang, ocaml, node.js
- Experience with Gitlab and Jenkins
- Linux, which is used as the platform the product runs on
- Experience with the interfaces the product offers: Amazon S3, NFSv3, REST
- Managing and/or using (remote) storage systems
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficient in both spoken and written English