• Develop, implement, monitor and review manage the school guidance programmes.
• Identify, monitor and support at risk students.
• Support students with their individual academic, career, social and emotional needs through
counselling or coaching.
• Work with students in individual, small group and classroom settings to facilitate their
physical, emotional and skills development.
• Help students plan for college and a successful career after graduation.
• Maintain confidential records and report students’ progress.
• Monitor and record student progress to ensure counselling programmes are effective.
• Collaborate and consult with parents, teachers, community organizations and other stakeholders
to promote students’ welfare and success.
• Keep up to date and implement latest developments, practices, and procedures related to
counselling, child protection and safeguarding children.
• Actively support the ethos of the school and make a positive contribution to the development of
• Possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional
Degree in Counselling or equivalent.
• A registered Counselor.
• Proficient in English. Mastery of any additional language will be an advantage.
• Knowledge in Mandarin is an added advantage.
• Engaging interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
• To have a basic understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
• To have a working knowledge of various counselling models, practices and resources.