Resident Engineers Job Scopes:-
· Provide ongoing support for domain controllers, active directory, ADFS and group policy
· Plan and perform Backups and restores on domain controllers.
· Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, active directory replication, netlogon, sysvol (gpo) replication, time services, FSMO roles, schema, NTDS database partitions, DNS settings, SRV records, and trust relationships.
· Review DC event and security logs and take corrective actions.
· Monitor and resolve security situations at all levels of domain to ensure stable and secure domain.
· Ensure AD compliant to AD policies and standards as defined by the customer
· Provide design and advisory of group policy structure and settings
· Creation, management, upgrade of the forest
· Creation, removal and upgrade of domains
· Creation and management of directory infrastructure includes FSMO roles, trust relationship, replication topology, OU hierarchies, AD Site link, IP subnet etc.
· Group Policy Object (GPO) creation, troubleshooting, and management
· LDAP management & troubleshooting
· AD DNS management & troubleshooting
· Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication, netlogon, time services, FSMO roles, schema, NTDS database partitions, DNS settings, SRV records, and trust relationships
· Monitoring changes to domain root and domain controllers OU to ensure unauthorized changes do not occur
· Review DC event and take corrective actions
· Disaster recovery plan and practice recovery of DCs and core Directory objects
· Creation/deletion/management of objects, i.e. workstations, servers, printers, etc. in OU hierarchy
· Regularly perform housekeeping duties to keep OU hierarchy clear of stale, unused, expired, and other no longer needed objects
· Process requests for group drive mappings via login script
· Plan and manage all migrations and upgrades related to the AD\DNS
· Develop and maintain AD documentation.
· Expert knowledge in administering Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and GPOs.
· Expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, DFS, LDAP, Kerberos.
· Experience in managing and support multiple domains and multiple forest topology
· Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware
· Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including deep troubleshooting technical skills.
· Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to work in a team environment with a "can do" attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
· Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills.
· Knowledge and familiarity with a scripting language, i.e. VBScript or PowerShell.
· Normal Working Hours: 8.45AM - 5.45PM
· Normal Working Days: Monday to Friday
· Weekly after office hours standby rotation.
· Able to provide supports after Normal Working Hours/Days
· Able to provide supports during public holidays