One of our portfolios Creador has invested, Malaysia’s largest and fastest growing Bakery Ingredient Supply company is looking for Warehouse & Logistics Manager
As Warehouse & Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for supervising daily operations; planning capacity; developing and enforcing SOPs; and recruiting, training and building a strong team to support rapid growth and enable smooth operations.
• oversee receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and ensuring on-time delivery of stocks to retail outlets and customers
• achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions and ensure that warehouse cost is within budget
• develop, implement, monitor and improve standard operating procedures to ensure that warehouse and logistics are operating at peak efficiency
• controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with warehouse management system and keep it up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
• strategically enhance the physical condition of warehouses by planning and implementing new design layouts to fully utilised the storage space and to plan future capacity requirements
• build strong warehouse & logistics team by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising employee performance.
• motivate, organise, develop and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure KPIs are met or exceeded
• oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
• plan, organised and anticipate all logistics issues including delivery schedule, drivers discipline and maintenance of trucks.
• complies and adherence to local statutory and warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements and advising management on needed actions
• safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
• enforce standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely and according to the right temperatures
• monthly and weekly reporting to management
• Any and ad hoc task that may be assigned from time to time.
• More than 10 years of work experience in warehouse and logistics management
• Proven work experience as a Warehouse & Logistics Manager or similar role
• Experience in the retail industry preferred.
• Proficient in Warehouse Management System (WMS) and databases
• Strong knowledge of implementing and driving warehouse & logistics Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives and building a strong workforce.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Results-oriented and self-initiated
• Dynamic and able to work under tight deadlines to deliver results
• Strong leadership skills and ability to work with all levels of staff and peers
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Malay