1. Effectively uncover client needs and provide compelling solutions.
• Maintain effective use of design questionnaire • Meet with client to understand objectives, needs, wants and wishes.
• Communicate with highly effective questions and problem-solving skills.
• Provide alternate solutions where required, and be open to client preferences.
• Maintain the use of practical, buildable solutions.
• Periodically assist with the sale of final project
2. Thoroughly perform site inventories
• Visit site to measure existing buildings, features, grades and elevations, and other critical dimensions.
• Accurately identify all existing plant material.
• Utilize lot plans, surveys, and interactive online mapping resources to collect additional property information.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of building regulations, code and bylaws, Conservation Authority regulations and MNR restrictions.
• Prepare base plans with all relevant information.
3. Efficiently create uniquely desirable, artistic and inspirational landscape designs
• Demonstrate a natural ability to hand sketch conceptual plans and hand renderings
• Produce artistic, creative, and attractive designs with appropriate layout and flow.
• Consider highly value engineered solutions, practical in nature where required.
• Demonstrate strong time management and production efficiency throughout creative process.
• Confidently utilize all required technology and software to prepare final landscape drawings.
• Effectively produce 3d renderings of construction details by hand or computer, as required.
• Demonstrate a high level of diversity and flexibility in design style.
• Show a natural interest in connecting living spaces within a rugged environment, using a variety of materials, textures, features and layout styles.
4. Accurately prepare construction drawings and takeoffs
• Prepare compelling conceptual plans for budget, including alternate solutions.
• Prepare highly detailed and accurate final construction plans, including site details, base plans, grading and drainage features, additional overlays such as lighting, etc.
• Prepare full planting plans with appropriate plant specifications.
• Provide thorough quantity takeoffs for estimating.
• Assist with full estimation of project utilizing LMN software.
5. Demonstrate and maintain a high knowledge of landscape trends, features, and techniques • Demonstrate a high working knowledge of horticulture, plant identification and specification.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of all hard and softscape features found within the landscape, including but not limited to patios, retaining walls, pools and spas, water features, decks, pavilions, pergolas, plantings, lighting, etc.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of current interior and exterior design trends.
• Visit trade conferences, interior and exterior design shows, and collect new resources
• Participate in building relationships through networking, peer groups, trade associations, and conferences.
6. Meet Sales Goals
• Sell landscape projects and services at approved pricing, that meets or exceeds sales goals.
• Participate with sales goal setting and monitoring, and coordinate sales efforts with other team members to increase market share.
• Accurately document all leads and opportunities in company approved CRM system, and aggressively pursue all proposals in progress.
• Maintain awareness of outstanding collections, and advises appropriate parties to make collection in timely fashion, or according to terms agreed.
• Meet company required reporting submissions on all sales KPI’s.
7. Grow Client Base • Prospect for new business, building relationships with property owners, developers, and other purchasers as required to maintain required leads to fill sales pipeline.
• Represent company at various events, association meetings, conferences, and shows, for the purposes of building client relationships and creating leads.
• Continuously manage all opportunities in pipeline in a timely manner, as per sales process.
• Provide a clear and detailed project handoff to divisional operations management.
• Communicate any customer conflict or complaint with appropriate parties, and work to resolve immediately and effectively.